What is Baptism by Immersion?
- Baptism by Immersion is the act of being immersed in water in obedience to instruction from Christ before the church. This act demonstrates to the church as the body of Christ that you have become a believer through the Gospel.
- The word “baptized” means to “dip under water”.
What is the meaning of Baptism?
- Because Jesus was baptized that way: “As soon as Jesus was baptized, He went up out of the water.” Matthew 3:16
Who should be baptized?
- Every person who has believed in Christ: “So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.” Acts 2:41
Why Should I Be Baptized?
- To Follow the example set by Christ: “At that time Jesus came from Nazareth and was baptized by John in the river.” Mark 1:9
- Because Christ Commands it: “Jesus said, “Go then, to all people everywhere and make them my disciples, baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and then teach them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19-20
- It demonstrates that I really am a Believer: “…many of the people who heard Him believed and were baptized.” Acts 18:8
When should I be baptized?
When you become a believer: “So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.” Acts 2:41
What does it mean to become a member of the Church of God?
- In short, church membership is a formal commitment to the Local Church.
How do I become a member of High Point Baptist Church?
- High Point Baptist Church hosts membership classes throughout the year to review church membership, the church’s constitution, and what we believe as a church. These classes are for new members, so you will only need to take the classes one time. If you are interested in becoming a member of High Point Baptist Church please contact us via the form below for dates and times of the current classes.